Music 4 The Microglobe #29 – August 2015
There’s a heatwave here in Germany. Summer’s here and with it sunscreen, ice cream and beach life at the lake with music stream on the smartphone app. Also politically the situation is heated up due to the refugee situation. Some are using this for their right-wing-minded mind games and are protesting against those poor people who just survived a war and the crossing of the mediterranean sea and a sometimes dangerous trail through Europe.
Yet many people in Germany are in support of the refugees but still remain silent. For music 4 the mircoglobe the situation is pretty clear:
We are all citizens of this tiny rock revolving around the sun and still those words of Mr. Fingers have not lost their meaning:
you may be black, you may be white, there is not a difference in our house.
Because House Music is a universal language spoken and understood by all.
A world music.
A music 4 the microglobe.
Because we are the microglobe.
- Maceo Plex – Solar Detroit – Ellum Audio
- Francesca Lombardo – Perseidi (Aril Brikha Remix) – Crosstown Rebels
- Andre Crom – Solstice – OFF Records
- Nerdjack – Jack2Beat – Kling Klong
- Technasia & Green Velvet – Suga – Toolroom
- Paul Kalkbrenner – Bright Roller – Sony
- Monkey Safari – Walls (Guy Gerber’s Office Sex Remix) – Hommage
- Jamie XX – Loud Places (Tessela Remix) – Young Turks
- Light Year – Bell Trax – Exploited
- Bela Brandes – Beirut Beige – Ritter Butzke Studio
- Alex Niggemann – Twisted – Voltaire Music
- Andre Hommen – Introspectral – Poker Flat
- Dusky – Squeezer – 17 Steps
- St. Germain – Real Blues (Atjazz Galaxy Aart Dub) – Parlophone
- Susumu Yokota – Level 21 – Skintone/ The Leaf Label
- New Order – Restless – Mute
Pssst: download the DJ mix at hearthis.at…
(Artwork: New Order — Restless Album Cover, Mute Records)